Friday 23 March 2012

Everyone needs a “Yoda” in their lives


http://www.starwarped.net/files/papers/page-3/1024/master-yoda-desktop.jp
'You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill.’ Yoda

What an inspirational little green wrinkly creature Yoda is. He reminds me of my grandfather. I am not saying my granddad is a little green wrinkly creature (well wrinkly yes) but at the age of 91, the wrinkles act as an outline of knowledge and wisdom.

He, my friends, has walked the walk. A FAIR police officer and hero back in his day. He has saved lives, gave second/third/fourth/five chances, read every possible book of Nelson Mandela (his hero) and have passed on his stories and knowledge to his children, grandchildren and GREAT grandchildren.

Hell, at his age, he even came to my 21st to be a part of the experience and stayed out till 22:30 (mad skill) and carefully observed my every move with his falcon eyes and thinning silver grey hair.  

With a 70 year age gap between us, he still knows how to get through to me by adapting to the every changing environment which in turn, diminishes the world he once knew. If all else fails, my grandfather(s) is and will stay the driving force behind my decisions for better or for worse. After all, you only gain wisdom when you make mistakes. 



Pieter Cerff

No comments:

Post a Comment