Thursday 23 February 2012

If I were the boss...




The first thought that flashed through my mind was an image of “The Cake Boss”. I cringed at the thought since I find the main character of that scripted ‘reality’ TV series extremely annoying, but absolutely ADDICTIVE to watch. Prior to this thought, I imagined that the ultimate “boss” throughout the fictional and factual world, would be no one other than the Queen of Hearts; Alice in Wonderland.

The Queen of Hearts is a very strict prune with an extravagant flamboyant style. Loud but ladylike, she has an excellent sense of humour; playing Croquet hitting the ball with a flamingo’s face. She is in control of Wonderland up until the point when the snotty brat, Alice, shows up. Alice is a threat to the Queen of Hearts' perfect world. It is pure human nature to rise against an intruder.

Sure, the Queen of Hearts wants to chop off her head which is a bit radical, but she is only protecting her piece of paradise. I believe the Queen of Hearts was probably heart broken by the King of Hearts. He ran off with the skanky Queen of Spades leaving her to run Wonderland all by herself.

If I were the boss, I would aspire to be like the Queen of Hearts: a strict and objective lady with a clever sense of humour. Not only does she have a flaming sense of style, but she knows how to run a well organised country. No nonsense lady following her heart in order to do the right thing



...even if it is chopping off heads!              



2 comments:

  1. I continue to love your blog posts hun. i totally agree with your analysis of the Queen as a ruler. I would add a bit of kindness though because the face that the King hurt her shows she has emotions and hopefully she can be a better leader rather than shouting, "Off with their heads"

    ReplyDelete